Sunday, April 1, 2012

Musical Tradition

I love that this weekend I had the opportunity to hear the word of God while surrounded by family.  My cousins came down from Utah and we were able to spend Saturday and Sunday with them.  I realized how grateful I was for my family and for the love and acceptance I feel around them.  There is no other group I would rather be with than my family. 

One of our family traditions is music.  Whenever we get together for family dinners, we always seem to end up around the piano.  I love that we have such beautiful singers who are willing to share their talents together.  I love that we sing until our voices are worn out.  I love the feeling of the spirit that enters as we sing.  I believe there is power and strength in sacred music.  None of us are perfect, but during those evenings, we have the opportunity to bear our testimony through song.

No comments:

Post a Comment